We have considered the significant impact this decision will have, especially on our committed team, but believe your health and the health of our team is most important at this time. Thank you for your patience and continued support.
Please email any enquiries you may have during the closure and we will endeavour to respond as soon as possible.
Email: [email protected]
In the meantime, please check out Hotel Killarney for a great stay in Killarney. Best rates when booking direct @ www.hotelkillarney.ie .
At the 3 Lakes Hostel, we are closely monitoring all information provided by the Government or Ireland, the Health Service Executive and World Health Organisation in relation to the COVID-19 virus.
On Thursday March 12th 2020, following the recommendation by the National Public Health Emergency Team in Ireland, the Government of Ireland issued an updated statement on measures that should be taken to tackle Covid-19.
The updated measures include (but are not limited to) the following:
• individuals who have symptoms should self-isolate for a period of 14 days.
• individuals should reduce discretionary social contacts as much as possible.
• elderly or medically vulnerable people should reduce as much as possible contacts outside home.
• there should be no mass gatherings:
a) involving more than 100 people if located indoors
b) involving more than 500 people if located outdoors
• closure of museums, galleries and tourism sites
• closure to students of schools, crèches, other childcare facilities and higher education institutions.
• As a general rule, outside of work people should seek to reduce social interactions as much as possible.
• Restaurants, cafes and other businesses can stay open but should look at ways that they can implement the public health advice on social distancing.
For up to date information on this and other Government recommendations concerning Covid-19 in Ireland please visit the official Government of Ireland website at www.gov.ie
As is our responsibility, the management and staff at the 3 Lakes Hostel have now fully adopted these recommendations in to the operating systems and procedures in each department throughout the hostel.
Some of the essential procedures that we have put in place which include;
- Prioritising regular and vigorous sanitisation throughout all departments of the hostel. We are asking all our guest at the hostel to please use the hand sanitisers provided when entering the hostel, wash hands regularly and follow the advice given by our team.
- Limit the use of cash where possible. Credit card machines will be sanitised between transactions.
- All members of staff, in all departments including the kitchen and front of house, have been briefed to adhere to the highest levels of sanitisation when carrying out their duties on a daily basis.
We would like to thank all of our employees, customers and suppliers for their continued support and understanding at this time and look forward to welcoming you to the 3 Lakes Hostel.